Friday, February 11, 2011

No Rants or Raves today, but I've got some PREDICTIONS!!!!!

Ok, so nothing has really happened in the past week related to NASCAR that has set me off, so I figure I may as well make some predictions for the upcoming year. I didn't put much thought into this, and some of it I'm pulling out of my .... hat ... as I'm typing. So let's get started.
#1. Jimmie Johnson will NOT have six championships at the end of this year. Why? Because I just don't believe that anyone can win six championships in a row. Call it law of averages, or whatever else you want, something just has to give.
#2. I believe that one of Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards or Kevin Harvick will win the Championship. I won't name which one, I just believe that these three are in the best position to put a championship season together.
#3. Dale Earnhardt Jr will return to victory lane in the Sprint Cup Series this year. I don't know if it'll be on a plate track, a short track or an intermediate track. I don't know if he'll do it on strategy (fuel mileage/rained shortened). But he will win.
#4. Dale Earnhardt Jr will end the regular season in 11th or 12th position in points but will not make the Chase because someone else in the top 20 had more wins than him. NASCAR will again change something trying to get Dale Jr into the chase again going into 2012.
#5. Jamie McMurray will not win a race and will not make the chase. Sorry Jamie, you had a good year last year, and I think you're a great person. I just don't believe that you are that good.
#6. Juan Pablo Montoya will win on an oval this year (likely Indy, Pocono or Michigan) and finish top 5 in the Chase.
#7. Marcos Ambrose will win one of the road course races.
#8. AJ Allmendinger will get one of the Chase 'wildcards' for winning the most races and running in the top 20 in points.
#9. Mark Martin will get the other Chase 'wildcard'.
#10. Chasers in no particular order: Carl Edwards, Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Juan Pablo Montoya, Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, David Reutimann, Joey Logano, Mark Martin(wildcard), AJ Allmendinger(wildcard)

So, that about wraps it up for my predictions for the year. I'm shooting for 10% accuracy. Can't wait till it all kicks off tomorrow night!
Good luck to all the competitors this season, be safe, drive hard & have fun and give 'em the old chrome horn if you've got to!

No comments:

Post a Comment